You will find below a number of ways to fix Windows 10 Login problem; in case you find that you Cannot Login to Windows 10 computer even after entering the correct password at the login screen.
As mentioned above, this guide assumes that you haven’t forgotten your login password and yet Cannot Login to Windows 10 computer even after entering the correct password at the login screen.
Windows 10 operating system has been complemented with a Windows Hello feature for the sake of security. It’s a biometric identity and access control feature, which allows logging into Windows using fingerprint, iris, facial recognition or PIN password. Unfortunately, Windows Hello not available for all Windows 10 users. Jun 22, 2016 By default, Windows 10 stores the PIN logon credentials in the directory C:WindowsServiceProfilesLocalServiceAppDataLocalMicrosoftNGC. If the NGC folder is corrupt, the system will refuse you to change PIN. Mar 24, 2020 Select the Reset password link on the sign-in screen. If you use a PIN instead, see PIN sign-in issues. If you're using a work device that's on a network, you may not see an option to reset your password or PIN. In that case, contact your administrator. Answer your security questions. Enter a new password. Sign in as usual with the new password.
This problem mostly occurs following a Windows 10 software update, but it can also occur due to a variety of other reasons, ranging from minor software glitches to a corrupted user profile, corrupted operating system and other reasons.
In case you find that you Cannot Login to Windows 10 after a software update, you should be able to fix the problem by following the steps below to Restart your computer and to Start Windows 10 in Safe Mode.
The Login Problem on your Windows 10 computer might be due to stuck files or other minor software glitches. Such problems can be fixed most of the times by simply Restarting your computer.
1. Click on the Power Icon located at the bottom right corner of your login screen and then click on Restart option in the little menu that appears.
2. Patiently wait for your computer to shut down and Restart.
Depending on the problem with your computer, it can take a while for the Restart process to be completed. Please allow sufficient time for your computer to shut down properly and Restart.
In case you suspect that the Keyboard on your computer might not be functioning properly, you can try to login to your computer using the On-Screen Keyboard.
This solution can only be used in case you have enabled the On-Screen Keyboard at login screen on your computer.
1. Depending on your settings, you may find the On-Screen Keyboard ready to use at the Login Screen.
If not, click on the Ease of Access Icon located at the bottom right corner of your Login screen and see if On-Screen Keyboard is available in the menu that appears (See image below).
2. Use the On-Screen keyboard and see if you can login to your computer.
As mentioned above, starting the computer in Safe Mode can fix Windows 10 Login problems in most cases, especially if the problem has started following a software update and also in other cases.
The easiest way to Start Windows 10 in Safe Mode is to press and hold down the Shift Key and then click on Restart.
1. Press and Hold the Shift Key on the Keyboard of your computer and then click on Restart from the bottom right corner of the login screen (See image below)
2. On the next screen, click on the Troubleshoot option.
3. On the Troubleshoot screen, click on Advanced options (See image below)
4. On the Advanced Options screen, click on Startup Settings.
5. On the next screen, click on the Restart button (See image below)
D link wireless n usb v1021 driver software. With its unique ‘Firefly’ design and unmatched performance, this ultra-portable USB adapter is an ideal choice for setting up a secure wireless connection.Wireless NThis Wireless N Nano USB Adapter uses draft 802.11n technology to maximize the speed and range of your wireless signal. WPS also offers advanced security features that are simple and easy to configure.
6. On the Startup settings screen, press the F4 key to start the process of enabling Safe Mode on your computer.
7. On the Login Screen, enter your password and click on the Arrow to hit the enter key to login to your computer in Safe Mode.
8. After the computer starts in Safe Mode, click on the windows 10 Start button and then click on Restart option to get out of the Safe Mode.
After your computer Restarts in normal mode, you should be able to login to your computer, without experiencing any Login Problems.
In case you are unable to Login to your computer even in Safe Mode, you can try the Startup Repair option as available in Windows 10 Advanced Startup options
1. Press and Hold the Shift Key on the Keyboard of your computer and click on Restart from the bottom right corner of your login screen (See image below)
2. On the next screens, click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Options.
3. On the Advanced Options screen, click on Startup Repair option (See image below)
4. Next, follow the instructions to complete the Startup Repair process.
Your last option, in case you Cannot Login to Windows 10 even after trying out all troubleshooting tips would be to Reset your Windows 10 PC.
This will remove the operating system and all other programs from your computer and perform a fresh installation of Windows 10 operating system on your computer.
While this option keeps all your personal files, it will delete all the Apps and Software programs installed on your computer. Hence, proceed with the following steps only if you are in a position to reinstall back Apps and Programs on your computer.
1. Press and Hold the Shift Key on the Keyboard of your computer and then click on Restart from the bottom right corner of your login screen (See image below)
2. After your computer restarts, click on the Troubleshoot option.
3. On the Troubleshoot screen, click on Reset this PC option (See image below).
4. On the next screen, click on Keep My Files option.
5. Windows will start the process of removing all applications on your computer while keeping your personal files intact. Once the process is completed, it will provide you with a list of programs removed from your computer.
The next step would be to install back all the programs deleted during the Reset process and get back your computer to its normal working condition.
As mentioned above, use the Reset PC option only when nothing seems to be working and you have no other option left.